Help! I’m a Product Owner!
Have you asked yourself any of the following?
“How can I accurately tell management when they’ll get their requests?”
“What are the daily tasks and responsibilities of the Product Owner?”
“How do I know if our product is meeting our customers’ needs?”
“What makes a good user story?”
“How can we build better software at a faster pace?” You are not alone. In fact, this course was designed specially for YOU!
This course is different
While this course covers the details needed to fulfill or support the Product Owner role, understanding the role and its responsibilities isn’t enough. In Aaron’s course you’ll experience how to describe product solutions in a truly collaborative way. You’ll be confident in your ability to:
- Perform the Product Owner daily work practices
- Get support for discovering the right product to build
- Understand users and how best to serve their needs
- Practice effective collaboration
The Nitty Gritty Details
aka: Learning Objectives
|Build foundational knowledge
Describe product solutions
Understand users and customers
|Working with the Product Backlog
Practice deliberate discovery
How is this course designed?
This course builds foundational Scrum knowledge and then we work through describing a product solution.
- Describing the simple Scrum Framework and its purpose
- Defining the role of the Product Owner
- Enabling effective collaboration
- Describe an opportunity for a product solution
- Perform user research and sketch personas
- Detail the product solution via user stories and acceptance criteria
- Establish a broad shared understanding by co-creating a user story map
- Create an incremental release plan for the product
- Review everyone’s work in a tradeshow style format
- Demonstrate effective collaboration techniques
- Discuss various Product Owner scenarios
- Describe how to define and measure value
Who should attend?
- Product managers, business stakeholders, and product marketing professionals: to help make valuable products
- User experience practitioners, and business analysts: to help make usable and desirable products
- Senior engineers: to help make feasible products
- Project managers, Scrum Masters, and agile coaches: to guide successful product discovery and delivery
What do I get?
- Scrum Alliance’s Certified Scrum Product Owner license
- Course materials and handouts
- 16 Scrum Alliance SEUs and PMI PDUs
- A wealth of knowledge to take back to your organization
What else will the CSM do for me?
- It expands your career opportunities by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices.
- You will be able to demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge to employers and peers.
- Gain access to a community of recognized experts who are committed to continuous improvement with Scrum.
Where is this course happening?
Who is this guy anyway?
What do past participants say?
“Clearly knowledgeable, interesting, patient.”
“Aaron is the real deal and would recommend him with no reservation. He truly adapts to your organization needs and practices what he coaches.”
“Ability to keep full engagement and positivity.”
“Aaron is a great teacher and coach. I worked with him on a major agile transition. I found his teaching style very compelling and I really like the work he has done to integrate product discovery with agile delivery. I hope to work with Aaron again and look forward to that time.”